<$BlogRSDURL$>

quinta-feira, julho 29, 2004

Stories of u 

The tires splash against the used up pavement
these streets now lay in solitude and its dents could cry stories
tell of heartaches
and broken hearts
these used up streets would say so much if someone would just stop for them
my drive thru u, like an off key voice trying to sound sweet in all its anguish
broken melodies
u open up to me as i run thru u w/o looking back
but nevertheless observant of all the lights finally saying good-night,
and late night walks--
and u
drinking up what u can take
hoping i'd wait--take just a little bit longer
to listen to ur voice
u gently rasp against my tires and ur tears tap my window
one glance and i'm not bothered
for ur voice resounds in this city
it speaks like all the others in btwn u and me and the place i want to get to
and their voices, too, are just a bit too familiar

| |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?